Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 1: The Great American Road Trip

We are all smiling, happy people minus the dancing!  J and his dad hit the road in VA at 7am this morning and made it to my folks house a little before 6.  The managed to dodge an awful storm that swept through Indiana and headed onto to knock out power to Virginia.  Go Team R!  After a few mishaps in my dad's packing "I can't find my glasses."  "Where did I put my cell phone?"  We repacked the mini-van, although I am not sure you can call it mini with 5 adults and 2 children, 6 carry-ons, 2 sleeping bags, two laptops, one big camera, snacks, and tons of toys for the boys!  I am happy to report that it ALL fit!!  That was a proud moment for me, and a HUGE sigh of relief! 



 We piled in and made it all the way to Rockford, IL. (about 1.5 hours from Madison, WI)  But wait, the story does not end there- I found a room that sleeps all of us on beds for $80 and includes breakfast!!  Don't worry I did a thorough bedbug check before letting anyone enter the room and sprayed down the pull-out with Lysol!  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment