Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 2: The Great American Road Trip

On the road again, I just can't wait to climb in the back of the van again, I'm squished between two seats with my family and my friends, I just can't wait to get on the road again! 






So today was a LOOOONG day in the car, about 9 hours to be exact when you account for bathrooms breaks, food, and sites.  It is safe to say that I do NOT have a future hidden career as a trucker.  We saw some cool stuff today as we traveled from Rockford, IL to Worthington, MN.  We decided not to stop into Madison, WI (one of my favorite cities in the country- because it was only 1.5 hours from our starting point.  ALL through Wisconsin I kept reminding my hubby of how much I love the state and what a great place it would be to live.  I told him I would probably be saying the same line at our 60th anniversary!  He didn't laugh... 


So in the travels today we crossed the Mighty Mississippi.  J and I decided we should rent a house boat on it one day!  Who wants to join us?

Next on our list was the SPAM museum.  People you will not believe this place.  It is an entire museum devoted to SPAM- you know the canned ham product.  By the way it was free and crazy nice.  I had NO idea that SPAM was such a popular food.  They produce 44,000 cans an hour and cannot keep up with the demand.  So what I want to know is who of you is eating all that SPAM???



I forgot to tell you I got all my Christmas shopping done with the SPAM gift sets!!


I would call this place a must see- just for the fun of it!


 As you can imagine Minnesota is pretty much farm land and wind farms for as far as the eye can see. Little did I know though we would meet HO, HO, HO Green Giant along our journey.  Check it out my five guys with the BIG guy.
So another safe day on the road with some once in a lifetime fun spots on the way.  Tomorrow we gonna meet the presidents.  Who can guess where we will stop tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment