Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 12: The Great American Road Trip

So today we left Las Vegas at 9 am and it was already 92 degrees outside. Can you even believe that?  I am pretty sure I could not live in that heat all summer long unless I was in the water non-stop.


 We visited the Hoover Dam and our dads did the Dam Tour.  The boys are too young so we only did the power plant tour.  A little bit of history for you... The Hoover Dam was built in 5 years under budget and faster than originally planned in the 1930's for less than a million dollars.  The bridge that now spans above it took 5 years to build at a cost of 10 million dollars.  Hmmm, when did we function better as a country???



 We left the Dam and headed to Arizona for the Grand Canyon.  The boys began working hard to earn their badges.


J and I are talking about taking this same trip again in 10 years with the boys.  I can't wait to do this same picture above and put them side by side in a frame.  I love my boys- all 5 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment