Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 15: The Great American Road Trip

We are only two nights away from completing this journey and I am finding myself wishing we had made it longer.  The kids have been great.  The Grandpa's have been great.  The driving really hasn't bothered me.  I am sad to see us closing in on the end.  Tonight we are in Tulsa, OK pretty much just to sleep.  We spent some extra time in Amarillo shopping so we don't have time to really check out Tulsa. 

I know that my own husband doubted my ability to fit everything in the minivan without a car-top carrier so I thought I would show you how PERFECTLY it all fit!  Everyone was allowed to bring one carry- on size suitcase and the boys shared.  We should do a KIA commercial for how much their mini-van can fit.

I got my boots so now I need to go line dancing and to some more concerts!  Anyone want to go with me?  I went with a traditional style but they are so comfy!  I could easily have bought 5 pair, there are so many styles.   I LOVE the jeans that they had at the store but the shortest length as 30 inches and very few in that.  Most were 34 inches long- yeah not gonna work for me.  But I did find a real cute pair on sale. 






So when J and I returned with my treasures A started crying because he wanted Cowboy boots with stars.  He is so my child.  We added a second trip to the boot store where he tried on about 5 pairs and settled on his first pick while his brother who wanted black boots tried on one pair and was good to go.  Notice the stars and stripes so fitting since his career choices at age four are SWAT or in the Military- totally my All-American boy.    He rocked those boots all day as I am confident he will for a while.  We had some more Texas beef for lunch  and set off to Oklahoma.

As promised we watched the movie on the way!

Tomorrow we head to St. Louis, Missouri and there is way too much to do there in a day- so your guess is as good as mine as to what we will end up doing.

FYI : Currently all five of my guys are snoring, ear plugs anyone???

No comments:

Post a Comment