Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 13 : The Great American Road Trip

I am a bit delirious at the moment as I have been up for nearly 24 hours as it is fast approaching 4 am and I woke up this morning at 5 am to see the sunrise at the Grand Canyon.  It is such a quiet and peaceful place- I would relish a space like this in my life.  Calm is definitely good when you are a mom of 2 and a school counselor of hundreds. 





We stayed at the Canyon until a little after noon and then began our journey back east.  We decided to add the Petrified Forest National Park onto our trip as we were passing near it to get to Albuquerque, NM.  I would probably skip this if it were up to me next time but the grandpas liked it.  It is safe to say that I am pretty much full up on rocks or canyons for the moment.  But we did see a double rainbow on our journey there which was cool. 




















At the moment I am waiting for like 2.5 hours for our stinking clothes to dry in the laundry downstairs.  Yeah, I will not be doing all four loads at this hotel as it has turned into an all night task for just ONE load!!! 

Tomorrow we head 6.5 hours east to Amarillo, TX.  I have no idea what we will be doing there but I hope to get some real cowboy boots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment