Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 7: The Great American Road Trip

Well I am happy to report that my 4 year old fully understands the process of a bed bug check for a new hotel room.  You see when we first arrive to a room, J. and I go in an inspect the room and I spray everything with Lysol.  We arrived to our location this afternoon in Alpine, WY and A. says, "Okay Mommy, we will stay here while you check for bed bugs."  Hopefully, I have not scarred him for life.

Today we traveled from Yellowstone through the Grand Tetons.  They were nice but I definitely prefer Yellowstone.  The Jr Ranger program was intense and I completed much of the "homework" for it so feel free to quiz me on the wildlife or glaciers of the Tetons.  I am educated now. 

We ate a late lunch at the Mangy Moose Saloon in Teton Village.  I am not a skier and probably never will be - but for those of you that are, this is a wonderful resort town.  The mountain is RIDICULOUS!  There was a Tram that could take you to the top but we opted not to because it was already cold and rainy on the ground so 4000 ft up would have been a nightmare for the boys.  Maybe next time...

I am happy to report that so far my checking on hotels through Trip Advisor has paid off.  We are staying in a very nice hotel with excellent ammenities and great restaurant/bar.  The kids had a late dinner in the room with grandpas while J. and I dined across the walk at the bar.  Tomorrow we drive 4.5 hours to Salt Lake City, Utah.  Hmm... not quite sure what exactly we will do there yet.

Sorry no pics today, they are still on the camera and everyone is sleeping, or should I say snoring!!!  Yeah being in a room with 5 guys has it's challenges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment