Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 14: The Great American Road Trip

After sleeping 5 hours the boys and I hit the pool this morning while J mailed back some lenses that he rented for his camera.  I taught the boys how to play Marco Polo, they are so much fun!  I just love how when you are on vacation nothing gets in the way of hanging out with your kids.  I really need to put this into practice in my everyday life more. 

J hasn't been feeling well and luckily we have an amazing doctor who called in a Z pack for him.  Hopefully he will feel better soon.  The good news is Dr. Mom is pretty confident that it is a sinus infection so no one else should get it.  Can you imagine 7 sick people driving in a mini-van- aghh not my idea of fun.

We ate an early lunch at the restaurant that had the amazing pie in Wyoming!!  Love it- but unfortunately I think this is the farthest east we will find the ol' Village Inn.




We traveled 5 hours east today to Amarillo, TX.  We ate at this ridiculous steak place that has a food challenge.  If you eat a 72 oz steak, baked potato, roll, salad and 3 fried shrimp you get your meal free.  It was pretty crazy.  There was a guy about 26 years old trying to do it.  They sit on a raised platform where the whole restaurant can see you and there are timers over the top.  He was not able to do it.  But the record was set a few years ago when someone ate it all in less that 9 minutes!!  Crazy and wrong. 

We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites (so nice) and I was able to finish my laundry.  Thank the Lord!  The boys had a blast in the pool until 11.

Tomorrow morning I will get my cowboy boots before we leave Texas and head to Tulsa, Oklahoma.  We are gonna watch the movie Oklahoma on the way there.  For those of you who knew me back in the day- I was in the musical in high school as Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment